Play Healthy … Live Healthy … Stay Healthy!
• Living in Colorado, most of us live active life styles. The importance of wearing protective eye wear like sunglasses and safety glasses should not be overlooked. Protection from the sun, dust and dirt is crucial to preventing a potential eye injury.
• Got sunscreen? Wear it daily and reapply often if you are outside.
• Drink water! How do you know if you are not getting enough? Simply look at your urine. It should be fairly clear, and if it is very dark yellow, that’s a sign you need to drink more water.
• It is always recommended to play in the great outdoors in pairs. If you choose to go it alone, please leave your plans with a loved one, friend or neighbor. Your life may depend on it!
• Never leave a child or pet unattended in a vehicle. Drastic temperature changes can occur quickly over a short period of time.
• The Rocky Mountains have unpredictable weather which can change rapidly. Sharp temperature drops in a small amount of time are not uncommon throughout the year. When enjoying the outdoors always have adequate clothing, footwear and rain gear available.
• Altitude sickness occurs when you can not get enough oxygen from the air at high altitudes. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and shortness of breath among other things. If you would like to avoid altitude sickness make sure to drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol and get plenty of rest. Do not hesitate to contact your Primary Care Provider if you have any questions.