COVID-19 HHRC Update: Weekly Update
February 5, 2021
Information shared from Grand Country Public Health https://www.co.grand.co.us/COVID19
Unfortunately, with COVID-19, a person can be contagious 2 days prior to experiencing symptoms and inadvertently spread the virus to others before they know they have it. Because of this, outbreaks can occur fairly easily with this virus. Outbreaks are identified and reported in the following manner:
- The definition of an outbreak is 2 or more confirmed positive cases are identified in a facility, non-household group, or organization in a 14-day period and the positives are shown to have contracted COVID through interaction at said facility, group, or organization.
- Once an outbreak is suspected or identified, GCPH continues case investigation to determine the legitimacy and extent of the outbreak.
- GCPH submits outbreak information to the State by noon on Tuesday each week for prioritized outbreaks (defined as Schools, Correctional Facilities, Critical Infrastructure, Highly Mobile Populations, Long-Term Care/Acute Care Facilities, Highly Mobile Populations, and Tribal Organizations). Other outbreaks that do not fit in the State’s priority outbreak categories may be reported if additional interventions are needed to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Once submitted, the expectation is that reported outbreaks will be put on the State’s website by Wednesday of each week. However, if there are a large number of outbreaks statewide, this process may be delayed.
- After the outbreak is reported and confirmed, the State will then provide support to help address the concern. Support includes, but is not limited to, increased testing capabilities, an analysis of current protocol to identify areas of improvement, and support in implementing adjustments.
GCPH works closely with all entities where outbreaks occur to monitor case rates and provide guidance. If a coordinated press release is desired by the affected facility, GCPH will assist with writing such release. Otherwise, GCPH is not responsible for creating or publishing said information.