COVID-19 HHRC Update: Grand County Public Health Amends Public Health Order
January 20, 2021
Information shared from Grand Country Public Health https://www.co.grand.co.us/COVID19
GRAND COUNTY, CO – On January 20, 2021, Grand County Public Health (GCPH) is issuing an Amendment Order to the June 26, 2020 Standing Public Health Order (PHO) Related to COVID-19 Pandemic Best Practice and Activity Specific Protective Measures (June 26, 2020 Standing Public Health Order). The amendment reflects the following changes:
- Extends the Grand County Public Health Director’s June 26, 2020 Standing Public Health Order, including this amendment and any previous amendments, until February 28, 2021.
- Terminates the nightly 10:00 p.m. curfew that went into effect on Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00 PM as part of the November 19, 2020, Amendment Order to the June 26, 2020 Standing Public Health Order. Note: The Statewide Level Orange “Last Call” for on premise liquor sales at restaurants will remain at 10:00 p.m.
- Updates capacity restrictions for gyms and fitness to be 25%, up to 50 people, indoors and outdoors in groups of 10 or less, per statewide level Orange restrictions updated on January 4, 2021. Gym capacities were previously at 25%, up to 25 people.
- Update restrictions to allow for basketball, cheer/dance, ice hockey, skiing, swimming/diving, and wrestling to occur as league sports if all sport-specific CDPHE-approved CHSAA rules are followed and the participating associations or teams notify Grand County Public Health of their intent to play.
The order also reiterates the following general COVID reminders:
- The importance of following the Overarching Best Practice Protective Measures of wearing a mask, maintaining social distance, working remote when possible, maintaining best hygiene practices, staying at home when sick, getting tested when symptomatic, and taking personal responsibility for preventing COVID-19 outbreaks and disease transmission.
- The purpose and function of Grand County Public Health’s Winter Playbook to establish protective measures for safe COVID operations of businesses during the winter season. Businesses operating during this time of year are encouraged to check out the Winter Playbook if they have questions, concerns, or interests in activity-specific COVID measures and protocols. As updates are needed, they will be highlighted and dated in the playbook.